It is common knowledge that I enjoy eating. I particularly enjoy eating dishes that I have made myself. So, I will use this space to share with you some of my favourite things that I have made.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Add a little crunch to your salad...mmm...croutons!

In your face Brendon...some people (ok, my brother) think that my food blog IS a good idea. So, I present to you my instructions for the preparation of crunchy croutons. While it may sound completely lame to make croutons, these are simple to make and it gives you a use for those ends of bread that you have been throwing away. First, you need to collect the first and last pieces from your loaves of bread and save them until you are ready to use them, in your freezer. If you are impatient, then you can use the middle of the loaf too. Once you have about 10 ends, then you can make a decent amount of croutons. Preheat oven to about 250 degrees C. While it's heating up, cut the bread up into little cubes, drizzle them with oil and sprinkle them with spices of your choosing. I like to use the "garlic blend" that I mentionned in the perogy post. If you don't have that, then rosemary or chili powder would be nice too. Spread them out on a cookie sheet and let them dry out (about 40 minutes). Let them cool before transferring to a plastic bag. You will never buy croutons again...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't stand croutons

5:16 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home