It is common knowledge that I enjoy eating. I particularly enjoy eating dishes that I have made myself. So, I will use this space to share with you some of my favourite things that I have made.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Hmmm...hummus!

Once upon a time, this was my favourite party dips while I was in Toronto. But, as I only just purchased tahini sauce on Saturday while on Commercial Drive, I haven't made it since being in Vancouver (or Winnipeg for that matter). But, it's super easy and super tasty. This was my dinner last night...

First, open up a can of chick peas and drain the liquid into a cup. Pour the chickpeas into a deep medium-sized bowl. It should be deep, as I learned last night, so that you dont get a lot of splatter (i.e. chickpea bits in your hair) as you are blending the ingredients together. Add in: one clove of peeled garlic, a 2-tablespoon-sized chunk of onion, juice from 1/2 a lemon, 1/2 teaspoon each of cumin and coriander, 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper and 1/4 cup of tahini sauce. Blend until smooth with a hand-blender. (If you don't have a hand blender, you should get one. They are very handy. Pun intended.) It will be very thick, so you will want to add some of that chickpea liquid that you saved earlier to give it a creamier texture. You probably won't need that much, maybe 1/4 cup depending on how fluid you like your hummus. Enjoy with warm pita bread or with fresh veggies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home